Today I share this passage of Scripture,it is one of my favorites, I pray it will bless you as you read.
1599 Geneva Bible (GNV)
14 He comforteth his disciples, 2, 7 declaring his divinity and the fruit of his death, 16 promising the comforter, 17 even the holy Spirit, 26 whose office he setteth out. 27 He promiseth his peace.
1 Let [a
]not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me. 2 In my Father’s house are many dwelling places: if it were not so, [b
]I would have told you: I go to [c
]prepare a place for you. 3 [d
]And if I go to prepare a place for you, I will [e
]come again, and receive you unto myself, that where I am, there may ye be also. 4 [f
]And whither I go, ye know, and the way ye know. 5 Thomas said unto him, Lord, we know not whither thou goest: how can we then know the way? 6 Jesus said unto him, I am [g
]that Way, and that Truth, and that Life. No man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
- John 14:1 He believeth in God that believeth in Christ, and there is no other way to confirm our minds in greatest distresses.
- John 14:2 That is, if it were not so as I tell you, to wit, unless there were place enough not only for me, but for you also in my father’s house, I would not thus deceive you with a vain hope, but I would have told you so plainly.
- John 14:2 All the speech is by way of an allegory, whereby the Lord comforteth his own, declaring unto them his departure into heaven, which is, not to reign there alone, but to go before, and prepare a place for them.
- John 14:3 Christ went not away from us: to the end to forsake us, but rather that he might at length take us up with him into heaven.
- John 14:3 These words are to be referred to the whole Church, and therefore the Angels said to the disciples when they were astonished, What stand you gazing up into heaven? This Jesus shall so come as you saw him go up, Acts 1:11, and in all places of the Scripture, the full comfort of the Church is referred to that day when God shall be all in all, and is therefore called the day of redemption.
- John 14:4 Christ only is the way to true and everlasting life, for he it is in whom the Father hath revealed himself.
- John 14:6 This saying showeth unto us both the nature, the will and office of Christ.
“There is nothing more important than your eternal salvation.”
― Kirk Cameron
The last blog we left our look into God’s word looking at Luke 1:69 And has raised up a horn of salvation for us
In the house of His servant David,—-CHRIST WAS RAISED UP TO BE OUR SALVATION!
Today we are looking at a few more words from God about SALVATION.
Isaiah 62:11 (KJV 1900)
11 Behold, the Lord hath proclaimed unto the end of the world,
Say ye to the daughter of Zion, Behold, thy salvation cometh;
Behold, his reward is with him,
And his work before him.
New King James Version (NKJV)
9 And Jesus said to him, “Today salvation has come to this house, because he also is a son of Abraham; —-CHRIST BRINGS SALVATION WITH HIM! WHERE CHRIST IS , SALVATION ABIDES!
Isaiah 63:1 (KJV 1900)
Who is this that cometh from Edom,
With dyed garments from Bozrah?
This that is glorious in his apparel,
Travelling in the greatness of his strength?
I that speak in righteousness, mighty to save.
Hebrews 7:25 (KJV 1900)
25 Wherefore he is able also to save them to the uttermost that come unto God by him, seeing he ever liveth to make intercession for them.— CHRIST’S SALVATION IS MIGHTY TO EFFECT!
HOPE IS PUTTING FAITH TO WORK WHEN DOUBTING WOULD BE EASIER. [AUTHOR UNKNOWN ]
IF YOU DON’T THINK EVERYDAY IS A GOOD DAY, JUST TRY MISSING ONE. — CAVETT ROBART —
|“Life is thickly sown with thorns, and I know no other remedy than to pass quickly through them. The longer we dwell on our misfortunes, the greater is their power to harm us.”
| Voltaire —
|“No snowflake in an avalanche ever feels responsible.”
| Voltaire —
|“The time comes upon every public man when it is best for him to keep his lips closed.”
| Abraham Lincoln —
“God shapes the world by prayer. The more prayer there is in the world the better the world will be, the mightier the forces of against evil …” E.M. Bounds
Today we shall look at a few more Bible verses about the greatest gift ever given, the gift of salvation.
Romans 11:11 I say then, have they stumbled that they should fall? Certainly not! But through their fall, to provoke them to jealousy, salvation has come to the Gentiles. Salvation came to the Gentile through the fall of the Jews.
Hebrew 2: 10 States Christ is the captain of our salvation.
Hebrews 2:10 For it was fitting for Him, for whom are all things and by whom are all things, in bringing many sons to glory, to make the captain of their salvation perfect through sufferings.
Hebrews 5:9 And having been perfected, He became the author of eternal salvation to all who obey Him, Christ is the author of our salvation.
Isaiah 49:6 tells us Christ was appointed for our salvation.
Isaiah 49:6 Indeed He says,
‘It is too small a thing that You should be My Servant
To raise up the tribes of Jacob,
And to restore the preserved ones of Israel;
I will also give You as a light to the Gentiles,
That You should be My salvation to the ends of the earth.’”
Luke 1:69 And has raised up a horn of salvation for us
In the house of His servant David,—- Christ was raised up for our salvation.
Moon, moon up in the sky,
shinning so bright in my eyes,
moon, moon up in the sky,
reflecting the sun,
that is not visible to my eyes.
Moon ,moon how beautiful you are,
shinning through the clouds so grey,
until the sun lights our day.
This thought came to mind,
as I lay here,
thinking what to say,
We like the moon,
are to be reflectors of the Sonlight,
showing His love to all mankind,
through the many storms of life,
We reflect until He returns,
and we live forever,
in the eternal Sonlight.