5:30 Am, a baby blue sky,
with white fluffy clouds,
floating so high,
when I awoke,
at this very same hour.
My head was pounding,
my body had very little,
very little power,
the day looks over welming,
like a high mighty tower.
and do my devotions,
I feel the burdens lift,
lift from my shoulders,
yes, Jesus lifted,
lifted them from me.
my being was lighter,
as if I could fly,
and I said,
thank you Jesus,
I can always depend on you.
Psalms 23 came to mind,
I sang praises,
and the blues are left,
left so far behind.
THEY THAT ENGAGE IN WAITING!
Psalm 62:5 My soul, wait thou only upon God; for my expectation is from him.
- Are heard. Psalm 40:I waited patiently for the Lord; and he inclined unto me, and heard my cry.
- Are blessed. Isaiah 30:18 And therefore will the Lord wait, that he may be gracious unto you, and therefore will he be exalted, that he may have mercy upon you: for the Lord is a God of judgment: blessed are all they that wait for him. Daniel 12:12 Blessed is he that waiteth, and cometh to the thousand three hundred and five and thirty days.
- Experience His goodness. Lam.3:25 The Lord is good unto them that wait for him, to the soul that seeketh him.
- Shall not be ashamed. Psalm 25:3 Yea, let none that wait on thee be ashamed: let them be ashamed which transgress without cause. Isaiah 49:23 And kings shall be thy nursing fathers, and their queens thy nursing mothers: they shall bow down to thee with their face toward the earth, and lick up the dust of thy feet; and thou shalt know that I am the Lord: for they shall not be ashamed that wait for me.
- Have strength renewed. Isaiah 40:31 But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.
- Inherit the earth. Psalm 37:9 For evildoers shall be cut off: but those that wait upon the Lord, they shall inherit the earth.
- Be saved. Proverbs 20:22 Say not thou, I will recompense evil; but wait on the Lord,and he shall save thee. Isaiah 25:9 And it shall be said in that day, Lo, this is our God; we have waited for him, and he will save us: this is the Lord; we have waited for him, we will be glad and rejoice in his salvation.
- Shall receive the glorious blessings God has prepared. Isaiah 64:4 For since the beginning of the world men have not heard, nor perceived by the ear, neither hath the eye seen, O God, beside thee, what he hath prepared for him that waiteth for him.
It is the 5 day of July,
The clouds cover,
Cover the dreary sky.
A tropical storm,
The rain pours down,
Some large trees
come crashing down,
The electic power says goodbye,
Then I let out a sigh,
I grab my Bible,
And read the 23 rd Psalms,
And in a moment,
My spirit and soul are calm.
When we wait upon the Lord, how should we wait?
⦁ WITH OUR SOUL!—–PSALM 62:1,5–62 Truly my soul waiteth upon God: from him cometh my salvation. 5 My soul, wait thou only upon God; for my expectation is from him.
⦁ WITH EARNEST DESIRE!—–PSALM 130:6 My soul waiteth for the Lord more than they that watch for the morning: I say, more than they that watch for the morning.
⦁ WITH PATIENCE!—–PSALM 37:7 Rest in the Lord, and wait patiently for him: fret not thyself because of him who prospereth in his way, because of the man who bringeth wicked devices to pass. PSALMS 40: I waited patiently for the Lord; and he inclined unto me, and heard my cry.
⦁ BY RESIGNATION—–LAM.3:26 It is good that a man should both hope and quietly wait for the salvation of the Lord.
⦁ BY HOPE IN HIS WORD—–PSALM 130:5 I wait for the Lord, my soul doth wait, and in his word do I hope.
⦁ IN FULL CONFIDENCE—–MICAH 7:7 Therefore I will look unto the Lord; I will wait for the God of my salvation: my God will hear me.
⦁ ALL DAY—–PSALM 25:5 Lead me in thy truth, and teach me: for thou art the God of my salvation; on thee do I wait all the day.
It was 11 PM and I was enjoying listening to Lynda Randle singing from the CD “Ageless Hymns”. I reached for my Bible and it fell open to Psalm 19, last verse stared me in the face. Let my words and meditation be on the Lord, who is my strength and salvation was the message ringing loud and clear. He has been my strength all the years I have had chronic pain and I can proclaim the strength and salvation He gives.