TOPIC: ASCENSION OF CHRIST [b]
- He ascended from the mount of Olivet. Luke 24: 50 And he led them out as far as to Bethany, and he lifted up his hands, and blessed them. Mark 1:11 And there came a voice from heaven, saying, Thou art my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased. Acts 1:12 Then returned they unto Jerusalem from the mount called Olivet, which is from Jerusalem a sabbath day’s journey.
- He ascended while blessing His disciples Luke 24:50 And he led them out as far as to Bethany, and he lifted up his hands, and blessed them.
- He had finished His work of atonement 1/ Hebrews 9:12 Neither by the blood of goats and calves, but by his own blood he entered in once into the holy place, having obtained eternal redemption for us. 2/ Hebrews 10:12 But this man, after he had offered one sacrifice for sins for ever, sat down on the right hand of God;
- He was triumphant Psalms 68: 28 Thy God hath commanded thy strength: strengthen, O God, that which thou hast wrought for us.29 Because of thy temple at Jerusalem shall kings bring presents unto thee.
30 Rebuke the company of spearmen, the multitude of the bulls, with the calves of the people, till every one submit himself with pieces of silver: scatter thou the people that delight in war.
31 Princes shall come out of Egypt; Ethiopia shall soon stretch out her hands unto God.
32 Sing unto God, ye kingdoms of the earth; O sing praises unto the Lord; Selah:
33 To him that rideth upon the heavens of heavens, which were of old; lo, he doth send out his voice, and that a mighty voice.
34 Ascribe ye strength unto God: his excellency is over Israel, and his strength is in the clouds.
35 O God, thou art terrible out of thy holy places: the God of Israel is he that giveth strength and power unto his people. Blessed be God.
- His ascension was with supreme power and dignity 1/ Luke 24:26 Ought not Christ to have suffered these things, and to enter into his glory? 2/ Ephesians 1:20 Which he wrought in Christ, when he raised him from the dead, and set him at his own right hand in the heavenly places,21 Far above all principality, and power, and might, and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this world, but also in that which is to come: 3/ 1 Peter 3: 20 Which he wrought in Christ, when he raised him from the dead, and set him at his own right hand in the heavenly places,
21 Far above all principality, and power, and might, and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this world, but also in that which is to come:
[ Prepared by Winston Staples ]