Topic: REWARDS OF THE SAINT’S— 2 John 1:8 Look to yourselves, that we lose not those things which we have wrought, but that we receive a full reward. We must walk the walk and talk the talk of a follower of Christ that we will not lose a reward.
* Prospect of our receiving a reward should lead us to do the following:
- Be diligent—–[ 2 John 1:8 ]
- To press forward —– Phil. 3:14 I [press toward the mark ]for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.
- To endure suffering —– 2 Cor. 4:16 For which cause we faint not; but though our outward man perish, yet the inward man is renewed day by day.17 For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, worketh for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory;18 While we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen: for the things which are seen are temporal; but the things which are not seen are eternal. [ also read Hebrews 11:26 ].
- To be faithful unto death —– Rev.2:10 Fear none of those things which thou shalt suffer: behold, the devil shall cast some of you into prison, that ye may be tried; and ye shall have tribulation ten days: be thou faithful unto death, and I will give thee a crown of life.[ to be continued ]