We have been looking at some things the Bible states about the heart of mankind and we will look at a few more today.
* James 4:8Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you. Cleanse your hands, ye sinners; and purify your hearts, ye double minded. We need a pure heart in order to enter the presence of God and the only way we can have our heart pure is to be saved by the blood of the Lamb.
* Eph.6:5Servants, be obedient to them that are your masters according to the flesh, with fear and trembling, in singleness of your heart, as unto Christ;
Col. 3:22Servants, obey in all things your masters according to the flesh; not with eyeservice, as menpleasers; but in singleness of heart, fearing God; We are to only have one master of the heart and that is the creator of the heart God Himself!
* Eph. 4:32And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ’s sake hath forgiven you. We should be tender heart-ed not hard heart-ed, we should be forgiving and not judgmental.
* Proverbs 4:23Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life. We must strive and keep on keeping on keeping our heart in tune with Jesus!
Today I will be sharing words about how the heart should be as recorded in the Bible.The heart should be:
* PREPARED UNTO GOD—– 1 Samuel 7:3And Samuel spake unto all the house of Israel, saying, If ye do return unto the LORD with all your hearts, then put away the strange gods and Ashtaroth from among you, and prepare your hearts unto the LORD, and serve him only: and he will deliver you out of the hand of the Philistines.
* GIVEN TO GOD—- Proverbs 23:26My son, give me thine heart, and let thine eyes observe my ways.
* PERFECT WITH GOD—- 1 Kings 8:61Let your heart therefore be perfect with the LORD our God, to walk in his statutes, and to keep his commandments, as at this day.
* APPLIED UNTO WISDOM—- PSALMS 90:12So teach us to number our days, that we may apply our hearts unto wisdom. Proverbs 2:2So that thou incline thine ear unto wisdom, and apply thine heart to understanding
The Heart is a many splendor thing and God looks upon the heart! In the previous post we looked at how God treats the heart; we are going to continue that in this post. 1 Chronicles 29:18O LORD God of Abraham, Isaac, and of Israel, our fathers, keep this for ever in the imagination of the thoughts of the heart of thy people, and prepare their heart unto thee: Psalm 16:1Preserve me, O God: for in thee do I put my trust. God prepares the heart, as a farmer prepares his fields for the seed to be planted and grow. We read in Acts 16:14And a certain woman named Lydia, a seller of purple, of the city of Thyatira, which worshipped God, heard us: whose heart the Lord opened, that she attended unto the things which were spoken of Paul. Here God opens the heart to receive good news and we can share this with others to bless them. 2 Cor. 4:6For God, who commanded the light to shine out of darkness, hath shined in our hearts, to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ. Eph. 1:18The eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that ye may know what is the hope of his calling, and what the riches of the glory of his inheritance in the saints, God opens our hearts so we can be enlightened to His teachings. Psalms27:14Wait on the LORD: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the LORD. God wants us to wait upon Him and listen to Him so He can strengthen the heart. Psalms 112:8His heart is established, he shall not be afraid, until he see his desire upon his enemies. 1 Thess. 3:13To the end he may stablish your hearts unblameable in holiness before God, even our Father, at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ with all his saints. God makes the heart stable and steadfast when we place our hearts in His hands.